CFP – ‘Anthropology and Photography’ Conference at the British Museum, 29-31 May 2014
The Royal Anthropological Institute is pleased to announce that the ‘Anthropology and Photography’ Conference will take place at the British Museum, Clore Centre, London, 29 – 31 May 2014, in conjunction with the museum’s Anthropology Library and Research Centre.
The call for panels is now open until 31 October 2013
The Call for papers opens on 27 November 2013 and closes on 8 January 2014.
The aim of the conference is to stimulate an international discussion on the place, role and future of photography. We welcome contributions from researchers and practitioners working in museums, academia, media, the arts and anyone who is engaged with historical or contemporary production and use of images.
Panels can draw upon (but are not limited) to the following topics:
- The use of photography across anthropological disciplines
- The changing place of photography in museums and exhibitions
- Photography and globalisation
- Photography, film and fine art
- Revisiting and re-contextualising archival images
- Photography and public engagement
- Ethics, copyright, access and distribution of images
- Technological innovation and digital environments
- Regional photographic practices
- Visual method and photo theory
Please see further details and the online-form for submitting a panel on our website: http://www.therai.org.uk/conferences/anthropology-and-photography/
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
With greetings from the RAI conference team
http://www.therai.org.uk(follow link ‘Film’ to see our film sales list)
RAI International Festival of Ethnographic Film: http://raifilmfest.org.uk
Meet the RAI on facebook: <https://www.facebook.com/royalanthro>